Friday, February 24, 2012

Whilst I'm Not Cooking #2


I did actually cook this week. I made Beef Stew, Cottage Pie, Spicy Beans, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Barbecue Pork Riblets and Bitter Lemon Icecream. Most of these don't have recipes and most of them also don't have pictures, which is horribly lame of me, I know. So I thought instead I would tell you of the things that I plan to cook, and what I managed to pull off from last weeks list.

One of the things I managed to make off last weeks list was David Lebovitz's Wild Rice Salad with Roasted Vegetables and Lemon-Tahini Dressing. I made it with Butternut Squash and a Wild Rice blend, and it was pretty good. I think it was a little heavy on the Tahini, so I probably would change the balance of the dressing if I made it again. It was a nice set of texture and flavor though. I definitely recommend it.

Whilst I'm not cooking this week, I'm drooling over these recipes:


Easy Spicy Garlic Bread in a Pot
from Joy The Baker

Smoked Trout and Cave-Aged Gruyere Bites from Coconut & Lime

Twice Baked Boursin Souffles
from Eat-Tori

White Chocolate Pistachio Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Eat the Love

Spicy Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms from The Pioneer Woman

The picture that you see above is out the window of The Flying Biscuit Cafe in Atlanta, the one location on McClendon Ave. It's one of my favorite all time brunch spots. If you ever get a chance to eat there... do. Order a biscuit, some scrambled eggs, and some Moon-Dust Potatoes. Delicious. When I was in Atlanta in December I did that twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment